Monday, April 10, 2017

MRI Results

Got my MRI today. Now, I haven't had my followup appointment with the Ortho Dr yet, so it may not be as bad as it sounds, but it sounds pretty bad. 

MRI Knee Lt WO Contrast
There is a bone bruise and minimal trabecular fracture involving the posterior lateral tibial plateau.
Torn ACL. Associated bone bruises in the tibial plateau and femoral condyles with a focal defect in the articular cartilage over the weightbearing portion of the medial femoral condyle.

Basically, the big tendon that attaches the lower leg to thigh, part of the cushion between and the bony areas above and below my knee cap are damaged. Until the Ortho Dr can look at the images himself it is too early to tell if I just need rehab or if surgery is in my near future.

But I'm looking at 3 months or more off the mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment