Thursday, April 6, 2017

Knee Pain

As I get older I notice more and more pops and grinds in my joints. That is perfectly normal. Last week my left knee made a terrible noise that still makes me cringe just thinking about it. As I was attempting to distance myself from my partner he grabbed my leg causing me to lose my balance and suddenly my knee popped like an over inflated party balloon and there was a screaming pain. I was pretty much done rolling for the night. Two days later, I was back on the mat, there was still some pain, but it was manageable. Several rolls into the night I was getting to my feet up after a particularly viscous partner and my knee basically told me to piss off. It simply gave out with a blinding pain - I might have used some colourful, explicit metaphors, I honestly do not recall. I knew at this point I may be in trouble. Fortunately this is my left knee and I didn’t need it to drive home. The next few days the pain was much worse, now it popped, grinded and threatened to give out regularly. I rested over the weekend and even used a cane to get around at work for a few days. I made an appointment to see an Ortho Dr, which brings us to today. Roughly 10 days from the date of the original injury and 8 days from the exacerbating injury he poked, twisted and basically made me hurt in ways that I did not appreciate. The XRays came back normal and now I am scheduled for an MRI to rule out a torn meniscus. Bottom line, I’m off the mats until it is cleared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment